There are some good reasons why people consider doing a big ad campaign on their own. Previous experience with creating campaigns may be one, or very real budget constraints make people hesitant to reach out to agencies for their expertise.
And then there is the Internet … if you can learn how to do everything from changing a tire to performing CPR online, certainly there’s some good resources for building an ad on your own.
Sure, you could embark on doing an ad campaign on your own. But:
- Do you actually know what you’re doing?
- Do you know how to operate all the programs and tools you’ll be using to develop, create, launch, and monitor this campaign?
- Can you navigate the digital ad space and media buys?
- Can you do your own photography? Videography? Editing? Graphic design? Project management? SEO? Scheduling? Writing? Accounting?
There are a lot of moving parts to a campaign. And there’s a reason there are college degrees and industries dedicated solely to creating effective advertising. It’s an art form.
When you hire a group of professionals in a seasoned agency, it’s well worth the investment and quality of product you’ll get back. That’s because you’ll be paying for the training, education, and expertise needed to kick off a stellar campaign.
You know the saying “you get what you pay for?” It’s true. If you scrimp and cut costs, you’ll probably get a subpar campaign and poor ROI. But working with an established agency with proven results will get you a better campaign and an impressive ROI.
Think of it this way: Your car has started making weird noises. And the most mechanic-y thing you’ve done on your car is check the tire pressure. You’re not going to open the hood and start fiddling around, right? It’ll end up costing you more in the long run. Same with an ad campaign — the strategies and tools required to create and launch a campaign are complex and require special knowledge. That’s especially true for social media ad buys. The algorithms and software can change by the day and require constant training to stay current with them.
We’ve talked a lot about reasons to go with an ad agency. But the key things to keep in mind are:
- Ad agencies are an overall better investment.
- They come with professionalism and top-quality deliverables.
- An agency staff has multiple skillsets to handle all aspects.
- Convenience is key with agencies — they save you time, energy, and money in some cases.
- Peace of mind: with an agency, someone else can deal with difficult software, tight budgets, and more.
- Fresh external perspectives help improve and grow your business.
- You can learn along the way. Most agencies are happy to explain the latest tools and trends and share their insider knowledge with you to help you grow your business.
Interested in hiring an ad agency? We’re happy to help at Know Advertising. You can contact us for more information here.